This past week was my first week of work for me. As I start working at 7 am I had to get up at 5 am which was hard to get used to, but as the week went on it got easier.
On Monday, my first day, I didn't do much because I had to get my clothes and had to introduce myself to all the "important" people in the hospital. When I was finished I went to my ward and helped a little. It was so weird when the nurses asked me stuff and a couple times I replied: "No, I am not allowed to do that", just because I was so used to it.
On Wednesday I did my first thoracentesis all by myself and it was a great experience. Other than that I was talking to patient's family members, write discharge letters, admit new patients and take care of the patients in our ward.
It is such a nice feeling when people call you doctor and take you seriously. Sometimes I still feel overwhelmed when nurses ask me what they should do with a certain patient. Let's see what this next week will bring!
1 Kommentar:
Can I just say that I'm proud of you?
See...I said it! :)
Kommentar veröffentlichen