Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011

The last little while...

After I finished my first week of working life became crazy. Due to sickness I had the ward in the hospital all by myself in the second week. I was scared to death, hoping nothing would happen, but I guess I did a good job because it continued. I will also start being on call in march and my first night shifts will be in the beginning of April. Be prepared for updates then :)

Since I was so bad in posting lately I want to tell you about the last little while. On Jan. 21st my very best friend Judith got married and I was lucky enough to be there with my husband and also be one of the bridesmaids.

On Thursday after work we drove to Leipzig to spend the night at a friend's house. In the morning was the civil marriage in the city hall of Leipzig, after which we drove to Freiberg where we had a little lunch and then had the sealing. It was great being in the temple, see the happy faces of our friends and being reminded of our own wedding. After the ceremony we drove back to Leipzig where the reception was held in the evening. We spend a great evening with relatives, old friends and new friends we made that day. It was a real exhausting day but totally worth it. We spend the rest of the weekend at my mom's which included shopping for my mom, movies, good food and seeing my grandparents.

What else happened? Well, Dave finished all his tests and assignments with very good grades and will start his last theoretical semester in march. He's also using his gym membership every day now and we see quite the achievement. Just wait till summer time is here and you'll become jealous... :)

A couple weeks ago the TV-Show "Glee" started in Germany and I am totally in love with it. Now we record each episode and watch them whenever we have time. Also, last Sunday they showed the Superbowl in the German TV. David watched it and went to bed when I got up for work. Good thing he was nice enough to record it so I was able to watch it another time. I just missed the good American junk food.

I also had another car accident last week but luckily it wasn't our car and I just had a whiplash injury. Some idiot didn't know where the brakes of his car was and crashed into my colleagues car while we had to slow down at a yield sign.

End of January I got my first wage and we celebrated that with going shopping (how we love sales:) ) and going out to eat. We also purchased some new blu-rays and enjoyed some good movie nights with pizza and burgers. :)

We really enjoyed the first month of 2011 and are looking forward to the next 11 months of this year. February will include a visit from David's sister and brother and we are very excited for that.

I am sorry this post is not having any pictures in it, but my friend took tons of pics at the wedding while I was lazy. I'll post them as soon as I get them...

Keine Kommentare: